Areas of Expertise
- Indigenous-Academic Interactions
- Conflict Between Interest Groups
- 2005 Ph.D., Geography, Arizona State University
- 1999 M.A., Geography, Arizona State University
- 1989 B.A., International Studies, Graceland College
Kenneth Madsen's research focuses on the interaction between local communities and border security / border law enforcement activities. Much of his work considers the specific circumstances of the Tohono O'odham of southern Arizona and northern Sonora. He is also interested in dynamics of indigenous-academic interactions and insights from fiction on geographic processes.